Creative Director at Tsunami XR
You are a creative genius who is obsessed with cutting-edge interactive systems. You’re envied for your ability to merge art and technology when developing original and compelling client stories. In addition to your creative prowess, you’re a whiz with clients, continuously providing the best in client service. You enjoy overseeing creative on multiple projects through execution, all while inspiring colleagues to push the creative envelope. You drive collaboration amongst creative, business development, and production teams. You thrive in dynamic, high energy work environments and have the highest quality standards of anyone you know. You are seeking a highly innovative, fast-paced culture where you can do ground-breaking client-work alongside the best talent in the industry.
The Creative Director is responsible for using creativity and energy to generate and deliver creative digital media concepts that distinguish our clients. The Creative Director is responsible for effectively communicating this vision to the internal team for optimal execution and alignment.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop innovative and creative concepts for clients across existing and emerging digital platforms
- Generate and help sell work that builds on our creative legacy and award-winning work
- Write proposals, collaborate on SOWs, and develop bids
- Creatively kick-off projects, oversee and drive creative project execution
- Write scripts and direct storyboards, animatics, editorial, visual, interactive, experiential and UI design
- Understand and own client branding guidelines and messaging
- Articulate creative choices in a compelling and inspirational manner both internally and externally
- Assist account management with multiple existing and prospective clients (including project development, timelines, and creative problem solving)
- Review creative quality control on all client deliverables
- Work collaboratively and consistently with production account team to ensure the project vision is aligned
- Inspire colleagues to continuously generate forward-thinking ideas and actively contribute to a culture of innovation and excellence. Help build on our creative legacy and award-winning work
- Other duties as assigned
- Consistently generates creative concepts that meet or exceed our high standards for creative excellence and quality, in alignment with Tsunami ARVR’s core business
- Creative visions resonate with clients, meet clients’ budgets and desire to work based on the proposed creative vision.
- The produced media clearly and convincingly conveys the client’s key messages and story, is expressive of the client’s brand, aesthetically pleasing, and sets the appropriate tone for the client’s audience.
- Clients’ visions and expectations for projects are clearly communicated to production staff and are executed against.
- Clients receive clear and consistent communication throughout the process.
- Clients and internal Tsunami production team receive clear and concise blueprints for building a project, as defined by Creative Director’s scripts, storyboards, wireframes, references and other elements necessary to understand and build a project.
- 5+ years of experience in a creative leadership role (within a digital agency environment)
- Experience managing the creative process in a client-oriented environment
- Working knowledge of interactive media (e.g. display technologies, video, 2D/3D animation and interactive software)
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-disciplinary, art, programming, production and technology teams
- Experience working on short-timeline, fast-paced projects
- Must be a strong leader and teammate
- Must be punctual, reliable, highly flexible, and excellent at balancing multiple detail-oriented projects
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills (written, oral, internal, and client-facing)
- Medical, healthcare, medical devices and/or pharmaceuticals background is a plus
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and work samples. Your application will not be considered without writing samples or portfolio/reel (when applicable). Please include the name of the position in the subject line of the email.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Position also comes with an equity incentive package and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and 401k.
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT AND/OR CEO
Employment for Tsunami ARVR