AV Lead/Show Support at Tsunami XR
You are a trade show and technical support guru. You have experience working in trade shows and event production environments. You have a deep understanding of hardware, software, and have enviable troubleshooting and organizational skills. You are self-motivated, work well under pressure, and can handle tight deadlines. You thrive in an entrepreneurial culture where you can do ground-breaking work alongside the best talent in the industry.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (Executive Producers, Producers, Technical Manager and IT Manager) to recommend and evaluate computer hardware
- Price hardware for bids
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to install and integrate custom software programs onto specific hardware platforms
- Work with software development, graphics production, and Q/A teams to install software, run extensive testing, and help with troubleshooting
- Travel to tradeshows and customer locations to install hardware and software
- Provide onsite technical support, troubleshoot hardware/software issues, install and update hardware and software drivers
- Manage hardware inventories and hardware logistics for client tradeshows
- Assist engineering staff in evaluating technical/systems development
- Assist management in timely deployment of new systems
- Act as an interface with the software development team on quality control and documentation of technical projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in tradeshows and event production environments
- Ability to carry up to 65 lbs.
- Position requires international travel; must be available for travel up to 80% and on short notice
- Demonstrated ability to price hardware for bids
- Knowledge of mobile platforms (e.g., iOS, Android)
- Knowledge of basic networking and security (including: DHCP, FTP, SSH, mail and web protocols)
- Knowledge of projection systems is a plus
- Experience working in animation, film/visual effects, or multimedia companies is a plus
- Experience working on video walls and interactive displays is a plus
- Must thrive in fast-paced, high pressure environments
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills (written, oral, internal, and client-facing)
- Must work well both independently and on teams
- Must be punctual, reliable, flexible, and excellent at balancing multiple detail-oriented projects
- Other duties as assigned
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and work samples. Your application will not be considered without a portfolio/reel (if applicable). Please include the name of the position in the subject line of the email.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Position also comes with an equity incentive package and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and 401k.
REPORTS TO: TECHNICAL MANAGER
Employment for Tsunami ARVR