VR Technical Director at Tsunami
You are a technical director with a strong software engineering background. You have a creative eye and are committed to driving efforts to create industry standards for Virtual Reality. You do so by testing the latest developments, creating demos, and improving existing processes. You are able to provide technical leadership and guidance to team members and project peers regarding VR. You are a self-motivated problem solver, you work well under pressure, and you thrive in an entrepreneurial culture where you can do ground-breaking work alongside the best talent in the industry.
Ensure that all VR projects meet the highest quality standards. Serve as the point person for all VR projects and work collaboratively with teammates.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide hands-on technical direction and coaching during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and post-implementation phases of VR projects:
- Helps brainstorm creative and technology solutions
- Determines the overall hardware and development platforms for each creative solution
- Supports the hardware procurement expert source and price.
- Develop demos and prototypes to showcase the latest VR technologies
- Establish a solid project framework and development process for VR endeavors
- Work closely with teams to effectively coordinate complex design interdependencies and ensure teams deliver world-class VR projects
- Assist the R&D team in implementing and integrating Tsunami ARVR proprietary real-time 3D engine (RTP 4.5 and higher) into future VR/AR projects
- Work effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management
- Act as go-to person for competitive intelligence questions from all internal departments
- Raise the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity to drive an excellent customer experience
- Champion engineering and operational excellence by establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement
- Manage milestones and deliverables, ensuring that they are on time and of the highest quality
- Stay abreast of new VR opportunities, and, in collaboration with Creative R&D, make proposals for new VR development based on market research, trends and innovation
- Inspire colleagues to continuously generate forward-thinking ideas and actively contribute to a culture of innovation and excellence
- Help build on our creative legacy and award-winning work
- Other duties as assigned
- VR projects run smoothly and are cost-effective; metrics are established to track efficiency
- Development process for VR projects is well-documented and adhered to
- Demos and prototypes that showcase capabilities are available for client pitches
- B.S. in Computer Science
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in software engineering for VR applications
- Possess a passion and a vision for building, testing and launching VR experiences for clients
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership over VR project processes
- Working knowledge of interactive media (e.g. display technologies, video, 2D/3D animation and interactive software)
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-disciplinary, art, programming, production and technology teams
- Experience working on short-timeline, fast-paced projects
- Must be a strong leader and teammate
- Must be punctual, reliable, highly flexible, and excellent at balancing multiple detail-oriented projects
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills (written, oral, internal, and client-facing)
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and work samples. Your application will not be considered without writing samples or portfolio/reel (when applicable). Please include the name of the position in the subject line of the email.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Position also comes with an equity incentive package and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and 401k.
REPORTS TO: SOFTWARE DEPARTMENT HEAD
STATUS: REGULAR, FULL-TIME
Employment for Tsunami ARVR